Becoming a La Leche League Leader
Steps 1 & 2: Attend a full series of LLL meetings and purchase a LLL membership
Step 3: Read the current edition of Womanly Art of Breastfeeding
Step 4: Read over the LLL Philosophy by clicking here and see if you are in agreement with and have mostly exemplified it in your own parenting experience
Step 5: Read more about LLL history, mission, and organization by clicking here
Step 6: Read through the Steps to Accreditation by clicking here and see if the process will fit your current lifestyle. Realize that the average amount of time it takes to complete the Leadership process is close to one year, although it can move faster or slower according to those involved.
Step 7: Find the Leader nearest you by clicking here and have a discussion about your desire to become a Leader. If you do not have an LLL near you then click here to find out the process for an isolated leader applicaton.
Step 8: Start the first formal step, the pre-application dialogue, learn more by clicking here.
You have come to the right place if you would like to:
- support women who wish to breastfeed their babies
- find out more about what an LLL Leader does
- find out what the preparation for LLL leadership involves
- find out what is required before you can apply for LLL leadership
- learn about other options, in addition to LLL leadership, for supporting breastfeeding women
- determine if LLL leadership is the right choice for you